At 27, I still havent found Mr Right. So here's the challenge - 365 dates, in the shortest possible time! This is my collection of my funny, weird and hopefully fruitful attempts at “finding Mr Right”..

Location: My city - Johannesburg- multicultural, diverse, exciting..he must be somewhere here right?


Thursday, August 19, 2010

Why do guys do this??..Part 1



Day 11:

I had a lunch date with one of my really good guy friends.  We've been friends for a few years now.  Hes my "on tap" guy..always available to meet for a quick meal, go shopping, or catch a movie..he's around for the best of times and the worst of times.

Now guys, when you become this close to some girl ..we pretty much see you as a girlfriend with a goodie-goodie..you give up all chance of a relationship with the girl..I mean its NEVER, EVER..(did I say ever?)..gonna happen.  And don't even bring it up..it just screws things up..its the point of no return.

Lunch was so uncomfortable thereafter. I wished I could just click my heels and be home. What followed were long awkward silences, broken with us speaking at the same time, then immediately apologising profusely.  I eventually told him that "its never gonna happen", "don't even think about it", "not in a million years", ( I'm not usually this subtle but given that I didn't want to hurt his feelings I let him down easy)

Felt awful and weird about the whole thing.  I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue!  Why do guys do this?

1 comment:

  1. Its been said that we cannot see the forest cos of the trees. If you already have a good friendship then the next step is not so unimaginable...is it? His probably been holding his feelings in and just waiting till the time is right and in the meanwhile his turned into a girlfriend...poor guy. He makes hiself constantly available and when it comes down to it its just not enough.
    I suppose we are all looking for that magic ingredient

    ReplyDelete