At 27, I still havent found Mr Right. So here's the challenge - 365 dates, in the shortest possible time! This is my collection of my funny, weird and hopefully fruitful attempts at “finding Mr Right”..

Location: My city - Johannesburg- multicultural, diverse, exciting..he must be somewhere here right?


Sunday, August 8, 2010

Speed-dating

Date:  11 August 2010

Event 3: Speed-dating

During the throes of my moping phase, and in between realising that my working hours, social circle and general daily routine doesnt create much opportunity to meet new people; I signed up to go speed-dating.  Now that Ive sobered up - im rethinking this idea.  I always thought I’d meet a nice guy at university or at work or at a friends party… not at a club, not on the internet and most certainly not at speed-dating, right?  But, Im not one to back-track on a committment, so on Wednesday night Im going speed-dating.  Will update this post after wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. Seems we are all looking for the same things but dont seem to find it. Maybe our search is wrong or we need to look someplace else before we can find it? "Know thyself" and all that stuff...

    Dont worry Still Looking we are in this together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mikal

    Thanks for the comment! (pls follow if you can..just changed blogs and have no followers yet)

    Ive thought about just going about my daily routine and waiting for someone to come along, but then the universe intervened-striking me with ridiculous working hours, and wonderful friends with ridiculous working hours!

    As we all know these things come in threes, so Im taking bets on what malady will strike next..my bet is being transferred to a place where the male to female ratio is 1:15!

    ReplyDelete