At 27, I still havent found Mr Right. So here's the challenge - 365 dates, in the shortest possible time! This is my collection of my funny, weird and hopefully fruitful attempts at “finding Mr Right”..

Location: My city - Johannesburg- multicultural, diverse, exciting..he must be somewhere here right?


Sunday, August 29, 2010

Lessons in the art of dating(3): Send her this poem


Day 20:

Nothing much happened today..
Check out my favourite poem...South African poet..best read with some haunting music in the background.


The Deep

by Nicolette Lombard


I put this pen to paper knowing that your eyes may never see,
your mind may never turn to understand these words
that shape my emotions...
they will remain deep inside me and they will burn...
Do you lay alone in the darkness and shut your eyes to think of me?
And when you do, how deep do you go?
Do you let your spirit travel into the depths of the complex collision
of emotional tides which is the core of who I am?
Do you dare to let your soul peer into this deep encaustic embroidery
of experience that makes up my past?
Do you allow your thoughts to travel the wide open plains to the very
corners of my mind because your longing for me drives you to know me?
And in the darkness when your eyes are closed and all outside entities
are alien to the secrets you hold in your thoughts of me, does your
body cry with craving to embrace and control and consume me?
Does the blood in your veins burn with a passion unsurpassed by mere
desire and equalled only by raw need to feel yourself move inside me?
Does one solitary thought of me vibrate your entire being?
I ask only because this is how you move me.

No comments:

Post a Comment