At 27, I still havent found Mr Right. So here's the challenge - 365 dates, in the shortest possible time! This is my collection of my funny, weird and hopefully fruitful attempts at “finding Mr Right”..

Location: My city - Johannesburg- multicultural, diverse, exciting..he must be somewhere here right?


Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Dogs, Ducks and Dentures

Day 7:  Walking date

Today I met up with a good friend of mine to walk our dogs together.  He's in his late 60s.  We met a few years ago when one of my dogs tried to inhale his poodle.

Fossil is a wealth of knowledge - tells me all sorts of interesting facts about cheese, wine and something called "vinyls" (Ok, I know what vinyls are)  He even remembers when Lego first came out!!  He is one of the nicest guys I know.  As we sat on a bench overlooking Zoo Lake, and Fossil told me about the breeds of ducks gliding by, I began to think there would be great benefits to dating a really old guy...

.. If ever I broke my leg, I could borrow his walking stick
...He probably doesn't live with his parents
...If he tries to run away, I would be able to catch him
..If he gets too talkative, I could just hide his teeth
...He'd make a great Who wants to be a Millionaire, phone-a-friend
..He wouldn't have to leave, when I have a girls-night at home, we'd just switch off his hearing aid.
..And as my best friend says - when he dies, you can date his son.

On an even more positive note, the guys at the car dealership changed my light for free!

No comments:

Post a Comment