At 27, I still havent found Mr Right. So here's the challenge - 365 dates, in the shortest possible time! This is my collection of my funny, weird and hopefully fruitful attempts at “finding Mr Right”..

Location: My city - Johannesburg- multicultural, diverse, exciting..he must be somewhere here right?


Sunday, August 29, 2010

Lessons in the art of dating(2): Encourage her to spend time with her sister

Day 19:

Doctor Sister and I are the only siblings.  She is two years older than me, married with 2 wonderful men in her life - her husband and my gorgeous 6 month old nephew.  Doctor Sister works horrendous shifts at Greys hospital in Pietermaritzburg, so my visits with her need to be well co-ordinated.

Tip to guys (listen carefully):  If there's something you don't like about your girlfriend's/wife's appearance, encourage her to spend time with her sister.

Here's the thing about sisters - the are THE ONLY people, (Not girlfriends - there's an unwritten rule, that even girlfriends cannot cross this line.  Not mothers - they don't have the credibility to give fashion advice.  Not you - unless you have a death wish) who can tell a woman that she needs to lose weight, needs to dress better, and that she needs a facial, without hurting her feelings.

Doctor Sister gave me the once-over and seemed minimally satisfied...mentioned something about nail-polish and "what's with that T-shirt"..my defence (that I was coming to see my 6 month old nephew and knew that in less than an hour I would be covered in spit, purity and whatever else babies regurgitate) didnt fly with her.

As a warning guys, not only will she encourage her sister (your girlfriend/wife) to buy a few designer labels and drop a few pounds; she'll also tell her how great a catch she is and how she can do so much better than you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment