At 27, I still havent found Mr Right. So here's the challenge - 365 dates, in the shortest possible time! This is my collection of my funny, weird and hopefully fruitful attempts at “finding Mr Right”..

Location: My city - Johannesburg- multicultural, diverse, exciting..he must be somewhere here right?


Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bumming it in Ballito

Part of the coastline just north of Ballito

Day 18:

Last night I caught a flight to lazy La Mercy, to spend a week with my family and catch up on some surf.  I grew up in a small town along the Natal North Coast, and really do miss the beach when I'm in Joburg.

This morning my mum and I went for massages - I'm not sure if I imagined it but my dad seemed slightly hurt that he wasn't invited to come along, even though we called it a "girl's day spa".  To make up for this, I agreed to go fishing with him.

Not having any sons didn't stop my father from passing on all his "manly knowledge" to my sister and me.  We both know how to gut a fish, bait a hook and gently reel in a 10kg Garrick.  I could tell the difference in play of a Garrick, Salmon and Snapper long before I knew the difference between stilettos, pumps and sling-backs.

Didn't catch anything, but Daddy said he almost got a whopper of a snapper.

No comments:

Post a Comment