At 27, I still havent found Mr Right. So here's the challenge - 365 dates, in the shortest possible time! This is my collection of my funny, weird and hopefully fruitful attempts at “finding Mr Right”..

Location: My city - Johannesburg- multicultural, diverse, exciting..he must be somewhere here right?


Sunday, September 12, 2010

Writing about the writer



Day 28:

Met with a columnist from the Sunday Times for a coffee.  He earlier had sent me an email saying, "why, oh why, would an attractive 27 year-old woman advertise her desperation for all to see on the Internet?"  The word "desperation" came up a few times in his email.  I met with him, partly because I was annoyed that a columnist in South Africa was not encouraging my literary creativity -( something I think, is sorely lacking among the younger generation ), and partly because I wanted to put a face to the name - he writes a funny, somewhat arb column.

Ive been reading his column religiously and had come up with my own impression of what he looks like...40ish, chubby and jovial.  Not so..no-ho-ho!

Turns out Columnist is a broody, 31yr old.  Johnny Depp looking, Joshua Jackson personality, eyes the colour of the waters off the Seychelles coast..or blue like a blue ipod (if you've never seen the waters off the Seychelles coast) He had this deep, dark look about him, like the inside of a coal miners lungs.  

His views on dating, marriage and life are revolutionary.  He doesn't believe in the concept of having just one love in your lifetime - you can have a few of them..at the same time even..hmmm, I'm trying to find a corner in my mind to stuff that thought - but I just watched Avatar, so the confusion index is already too high to process any other non-conventional ideas.

As a last word,  I was finally able to free girl-dog's head from the trellidor. (not without taking a few cute photos though)




No comments:

Post a Comment