At 27, I still havent found Mr Right. So here's the challenge - 365 dates, in the shortest possible time! This is my collection of my funny, weird and hopefully fruitful attempts at “finding Mr Right”..

Location: My city - Johannesburg- multicultural, diverse, exciting..he must be somewhere here right?


Friday, September 3, 2010

He's just Peachey

Day 24:


My friend Peachman lives in the UK.  His surname sounds like "peach", so it was either that I called him Peachman or Fruit-fly.  I gave him the choice.

I met Peachman through my ex 6 years ago.  He is exactly 10years and 1 month older than me.  He was down in Joburg this week so we met for dinner at 8@the Towers on Maude Road.  We both had some excellent sushi.  Dessert was disappointing - the chocolate fondant was burnt.

Peachman is single, never been married, no kids and is a serial dater, looking for "The One" - I see him as my male counterpart.  He recently moved to the UK, so I don't get to see him very often.  I'm very comfortable around him and conversation flows easily between us.  Over the years I've watched a Pied-Piper-like trail of women follow him around.  4 hours into dinner, I couldn't help but notice my strong attraction to him.  This comes as a great relief seeing that I have felt NO attraction to any guy Ive met in the last 2 months!

I'm in London in a few weeks and promised to contact him when I'm there.

Walking back to the car after midnight, we were approached by a crippled guy - I thought he was faking it - begging.  He looked quite dodgy, Peachman seems unconcerned, but I felt much better once we reached the car - I didn't want to be stabbed by a faux invalid in the Sandton back alleys.

No comments:

Post a Comment